I believe the next item on the snowed-in list was read a book. I have had a lifelong obsession with craft books, and I thought I’d share a few winners with you all here. There’s something about reading about doing stuff that is at least as fun as doing stuff…
- Retro Revamp: the cover actually sparkles!
Kirsten’s CraftsOMG IT’S NOT AVAILABLE ANYMORE: the American Girls series was the most enjoyable obsession I ever had in my life.
- Son of Stitch ‘n Bitch: an Xmas present; title not as funny as Never Knit Your Man a Sweater Until You’ve Got the Ring, but I’ll take it.
- The Icing on the Cupcake: OK, not a craft book, but there are cupcake RECIPES at the end of every chapter. Hello, world, can we please make this a genre?
- Handmade Nation: Faythe Levine is freaking sweet, and it’s really cool to interview crafters!
- Craft Corps: Similar to above.
Retro Revamp image courtesy of Chronicle Books.